Thursday, March 3, 2011

7 lbs & counting

Well, I am posting this to help hold myself accountable. I have been working the past three weeks for a healthier lifestyle and weight. I weighed myself three weeks ago and finally hit that tipping point. I was 20 pounds heavier than before I had Cael. If I kept that progression up then I would be 215 lbs by the time I was 62. Crazy! I was starting to feel really uncomfortable and was having trouble sleeping so I pulled out all the stops to fix it. I have been keeping a food diary, drinking more water, eliminated junk foods except for a splurge for every 5 lbs I lose, exercising more, eating more fruits and veggies, got the family on board and wrote down my goals. Basically every good tip I've ever heard. So far, it has been working, I lost 7 1/2 lbs in the first two weeks. I feel like this is a plateau week, but I am still working. Mike has been a huge encouragement especially this week when I have moments I feel like quitting. I will continue this for 3 months and see what my results are. I would love to see 135 again and be in great shape for our Colorado trip. I think this is a reasonable goal and I can't wait to report to you when I've met it. My next splurge is Orange leaf frozen yogurt and I think it may be 2 Sundays away, but it will taste especially sweet when I reach that 145 goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment