Friday, August 6, 2010
Vacation's Over :(
We just returned from our extended vacation from New York. We had a great time again this year. It is so much fun to see the in-laws and cousins and everyone else. We packed everything possible into the last 5 weeks. We went to a really cool amusement park in Massachusetts called Jimminy Peak. It was at a ski resort and it had some really fun summer rides and climbing attractions,it's hard to describe but if you are ever in the area, I recommend you go. We went to several different lakes and hikes. Upstate New York is beautiful and has so many different outdoor areas to visit. My favorite was Van hornsville (sp?) It was a small trail next to the school were you could walk down into the waterfalls and we had our first try into letterboxing. The kids really enjoyed it, I think we may try it again here in MO. It is like a low tech geocaching. We also took a vacation inside of a vacation when the whole family (all 17) went to Washington DC and Virginia Beach. Mike has such a fun family, I love all the memories we make on trips like that. Who knows maybe I'll get everyone to come to MO next year. Cael was such a beach bum, he loved the beach we could hardly get him away from it. He spent most of his time on the boogie board catching waves. Payton had his 13th birthday while we were away. I can't believe I have a teenager! Keep the prayers coming. He had an awesome birthday - he got money, under armour clothes and his very own laptop. He can hardly wait for Eli to come over and help him get it all set. Maybe you'll see more posts from him now, but don't count on it he mostly spends his time in Frontierville. I finally folded on getting another pet, but at least they are only hermit crabs- the best pet in the world from a mom's view point. Tons more happened, I'll update with photos and more once I get the camera unpacked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment