I've spent the last couple days preparing to have our house invaded by 16 sugared up boys. Baked salt/flour ornaments for them to paint, made a tree cutout for pin the star on the tree, Made pizzas, got soda, chips, and candy, bought 16 mini pies for a pie eating contest, bought cheap toilet paper for wrapping kids into snowmen, went online for good scavenger hunt ideas, cleaned, called parents, etc. Then last night at midnight Payton started throwing up. Poor kid, both boys were excited about having friends over and now he is miserable sleeping on the couch. In between the puking Janelle kept coming in our room wide awake saying " Mom I just need to tell you something" "Mom I'm just going to play" "Mom can I snuggle in your bed" Mom can you get my gorilla so I can sleep" What? I finally laid down at 5:30 when Mike's alarm went off. He's the real trooper today. I'm hoping for some naps, but he is guaranteed at least 20 crazy kids all day except for a 20 min. lunch. I pray this all passes so we can go to GG's for her Christmas on Sat. and that no one else gets it, especially when we are traveling to NY. There are some good things going on with us too, but my focus is off, due to exhaustion. In the picture is Cael ,when he was Janelle's age, being forced to try broccoli. He loves it now-not so much then
Friday, December 18, 2009
Silent Night (I wish)
I've spent the last couple days preparing to have our house invaded by 16 sugared up boys. Baked salt/flour ornaments for them to paint, made a tree cutout for pin the star on the tree, Made pizzas, got soda, chips, and candy, bought 16 mini pies for a pie eating contest, bought cheap toilet paper for wrapping kids into snowmen, went online for good scavenger hunt ideas, cleaned, called parents, etc. Then last night at midnight Payton started throwing up. Poor kid, both boys were excited about having friends over and now he is miserable sleeping on the couch. In between the puking Janelle kept coming in our room wide awake saying " Mom I just need to tell you something" "Mom I'm just going to play" "Mom can I snuggle in your bed" Mom can you get my gorilla so I can sleep" What? I finally laid down at 5:30 when Mike's alarm went off. He's the real trooper today. I'm hoping for some naps, but he is guaranteed at least 20 crazy kids all day except for a 20 min. lunch. I pray this all passes so we can go to GG's for her Christmas on Sat. and that no one else gets it, especially when we are traveling to NY. There are some good things going on with us too, but my focus is off, due to exhaustion. In the picture is Cael ,when he was Janelle's age, being forced to try broccoli. He loves it now-not so much then
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment